Katy, Lorelei and I moved to Brownsburg, Indiana this weekend.
A few things about this move.
- I grew up in Brownsburg.
- I can see the house that I grew up in from our back porch.
- 3/4 of our new property is surrounded by land that my parents own.
- We could play a baseball game and re-enact a Field of Dreams game where ball players from the 1920s walk out from the cornfield. Except this year it is beans.
The move raises theological questions for me.
- What does it mean to relocate back to your hometown?
- What does it mean to leave the city?
- What does it mean to move from a liberal neighborhood to a conservative suburb?
- Are people in the suburbs interested in social justice?
- What does social justice look like in the suburbs?